Sunday, September 23, 2012

Blog #4

Langwitches

Podcasting With First Grade
The teacher tells how she had her students do a podcast as if they were interviewing the characters of a book they were reading. The students seemed to have really enjoyed doing it and it improved their reading, public speaking, and confidence. Since the podcast is over the internet people from all over can hear these children and respond back to them. This testimony shows how podcasting with young children can further their experience with technology, allow children to come out of their shell and improve their reading skills.

Flat Stanley Podcast
These first graders read the book "Flat Stanley" and were inspired by the other first grade class' podcast. The students decided to make a podcast about each of them being a flat stanley and each one of them were from different locations throughout the world. They rented books from the library on their selected locations to learn about what the place was like. From there they told on the podcast what their location looked like, the noises it had and what kind of smells it had.

Listening-Comprehension-Podcasting
These second graders made a podcast on another story they read. These second graders were the ones that had previously made a couple of podcasts in first grade, so they had plenty of experience with it. This time the purpose of the podcast was to help them use their comprehension, listening skills, speaking skills, critical and logical thinking skills, plus many more. Not only did these students use and empower those skills they also better their knowledge with the smartboard and other technology.
When I first began this class, I really had no knowledge on podcasts at all. It does surprise me a little bit to see this many teachers using all these different technology techniques to teach. I think it's wonderful and the children really seem to enjoy themselves. I wish when I was younger I could've gotten that headstart! I personally am all about creativeness and the arts and using these techniques really help bring out a student's creative side.

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Stephanie. I really enjoyed your responses about the projects on the Langwitches' blog. You also had little spelling errors. However, your sentences could have been more specific and some words could have been added to certain sentences to make more sense. Everyone makes these small mistakes, just look back over your work before publishing it. Overall, you grasped the idea of the Langwitches' blog posts and your responses were very interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nadis! Thank you for the comment and the constructive criticism! I'm a spelling fanatic so could you please tell me which words I misspelled? Otherwise it'll drive me crazy! Thank you again!

      Delete
  2. I hope you will be a podcasting teacher when you have your own class!

    Your question to Nadis for specifics on spelling were quite appropriate. I found none. I will email Nadis to make sure she responds to your inquiry since I am interested in her answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Stephanie. I'm sorry, you didn't have any spelling errors. When I wrote little I meant to put no, I guess I had gotten sidetracked or something. Sorry about the confusion.

      Delete
    2. Thank you both for clearing that up for me. I appreciate that. Dr. Strange I am fixing those links right away!
      Thanks again!

      Delete
  3. Hi Sephanie, it's Marylin Monroe,thank you so much for commenting on my website, sorry it took so long for me to reply to you, my reply button on my website wasn't working, anyways I was so exited to have a comment from you, you sound like a really nice person, I did just make my website and I do love Tim Burton films, their my favorites, I hope to hear from you again soon, thanks again for commenting on my website, bye Stephanie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh Marilyn!! Yay! I'm so glad you wrote back!!! I will definately go check your website out again soon and see what's new! It's so good to hear back from you!Hope you're doing well! :)

      Delete
    2. Marilyn, could you please send me the link to your website? The one I had saved isn't working anymore.

      Delete
  4. Ya, my new website adress is "marylinmonroediv1.weebly.com"

    ReplyDelete